Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I haven't posted in about 28 days. I'm sorry, I know you were all just sitting on the edge of your computer seats each day as you checked for a new post and then...nothing. I hate to disappoint people. Unfortunately, school kind of took over my life. I HATE it when I have to do more important things.

But I'm back in Poulsbo now. I officially began the summer job hunt yesterday. I went to just about every store in the mall, picking up job applications and dropping off my curriculum vitae. I don't have a resume because I've only had one job. Sooooo...I have to emphasize my other qualifications. Because I have tons of them.

Anyway, I'm getting off track. I was being shamelessly charming at every clothing store, ice cream shop, Barnes & Noble, and greeting card store that I went into (I say this like there's a ton of each: there's not. The Kitsap Mall, for those of you who would understand this, would probably fit neatly into the University Mall in Orem three times). But I walked past the Pretzel Time and saw a familiar face looking back at me. I narrowed my eyes right back at him. See, last year I requested a job application at the Pretzel Time and the manager refused to give me one because of my lack of job experience.

Well. I took a cooking class this past year at BYU and I learned how to make soft pretzels one week. I must say, they were quite delicious.

So guess what, Pretzel Time manager??? My pretzels are better than yours!

HAH.

2 comments:

  1. hahaha YAY for being better! So in small town WA they have experienced pretzel makers? So much competition for that job, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, you tell him! Funny, because that would be the kind of job that would be good for a first job. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete